How to Apply
The Lettie Pate Evans Foundation is an independent private foundation that invests primarily in education and arts and culture. Most grants are made to institutions in Georgia. Occasional grants are made to institutions in Virginia that were supported by Mrs. Evans during her life.
EligibilityYour organization may be eligible for a grant if it:
- Is a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Is located or operating in Georgia
- Is a Virginia institution that received support from Mrs. Evans during her life
- Aligns with the Foundation’s program interests in Education or Arts & Culture
Application DeadlinesThe Foundation accepts grant proposals on a rolling basis.
- February 1 – Proposals received by February 1 will be considered at the April meeting of our Board of Trustees.
- September 1 – Proposals received by September 1 will be considered at the November meeting of our Board of Trustees.
- Review our grantmaking guidelines and our program interests in Education or Arts & Culture. We encourage you to submit an informal inquiry to email@example.com to determine if you should apply for a grant.
Because the Evans Foundation shares an office and staff with the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, Joseph B. Whitehead Foundation and Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation, your request may also be considered by one of these foundations. You do not need to submit separate grant proposals to these foundations.
- Prepare a proposal in the form of a letter that briefly describes the organization (its mission, history and programs) and the proposed project or initiative, including the challenge it addresses, project goals and/or expected outcomes. Proposals that are concise and to the point are preferred. Please also include these attachments:
- Itemized project budget, including other sources of support in hand or anticipated
- List of executive staff and board members, including an address for the board chair
- Financial statements, including most recent audit report
- Current IRS determination letter
- Send the letter and appropriate attachments to the attention of P. Russell Hardin, President, at Lettie Pate Evans Foundation, 191 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3540, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- If your proposal is clearly not within the giving interests of the Foundation, we will notify you promptly.
- If your proposal is accepted for consideration at the next meeting of our Board of Trustees, you may be contacted by Foundation staff for a meeting or a visit.
- The Foundation will notify you of its decision within one week of our Board of Trustees meeting.